1. Make It Fun: Fun elements give a good-natured feel to your wedding day. For example, photo booths are becoming increasingly popular, and the props used can make the basis for your wedding theme. Props that represent the bride and groom’s personalities are great plus and can add some real color and interesting poses to the wedding photographs. Make sure to have tonnes of moustaches, luscious lips and top hats to finish off the theatrics! Transform the props into design ideas that can be incorporated throughout the wedding stationery, table decorations, etc.
2. Make It Posh: Candles and chandeliers are huge this wedding season and can add a mood and aristocracy to the reception. For outside events use hanging glass candle jars, Christmas lights and chandeliers dangling from the trees. Indoors, take advantage of high ceilings with extra special crystal chandeliers or create an indoor canopy of lights. Indoors or outdoors, be sure to suspend candles from tall floral arrangements or cluster candles in groups.
3. Make It…Pork?: The Entrée of the Year is Pork! Surprise guests and cater to the foodies with a main course that veers away from the expected beef or chicken offerings. Whether the wedding style is fun, chic, traditional, southern-style, elegant or funky, brides across the board are demanding elegant, restaurant quality, gourmet style menu offerings for their guests.
4. Make It Pop: The cake, that is. The dominating cake trend right now is clean and modern − with just one amazing pop of embellishment such as a bow, monogram or flower. The other major style takes the opposite tack, using eye-popping color or all-over appliqués. And finally, a traditional idea has come around again: Brides are requesting cakes that mimic wedding-dress details such as lace.
5. Make It Move: Gone are the days of the electric slide, that leads to the 1950’s set, followed by the 1980’s set, sprinkled with a few pop chart hits to get the crowd limping (or not) to the dance floor. Brides and grooms now want to mix genres and play everything from James Brown to Michael Jackson to Beyoncé in the same set and appeal to everyone at the wedding. Blending electronic music, Mumford & Sons, sexy Brazilian house and bossa nova is a refreshing change that really gets the party started. Another surprising trend is to have live musicians that play along with the DJ.
Let the helpful event planners at the Warrington Country Clubs personalize your event − and still be within your budget. Call us at (215) 343-1630 to get started planning the days of your dreams!