So you’re engaged?! Congratulations!!
There’s so much to consider as you make plans for spending your lives together: Where will we live? How should we divide the household chores? How can we possibly have Great Aunt Arlene and Babcia Olga in the same reception room together without words being exchanged or cake being tossed into each other’s perfectly teased and sprayed hair?
Reception seating arrangements has long been a source of concern and frustration for many a bridal couple. Striking that delicate balance between honoring particular guests with preferable seating, while being thoughtful regarding physical needs of elderly or infirmed guests, AND making sure that the “cool” people sit together, is the holy grail of wedding planning. Many a pencil eraser has been sacrificed attempting to set this plan into motion.
Now, thanks to the many wedding planning software choices available (some even free of charge), seating arrangements, as well as many of other challeneges inherent in arranging the most important day in a couple’s life, is as easy a click and drag.
Just a few tasks that are now easily organized by using wedding software are:
- Contacts – Organize the guest list, track e-mail addresses, names of guests invited by your contacts, meals and gifts and more efficiently.
- Invitations – customize wording according to your preferences. A unique RSVP ID can be assigned to each invitation and printed on the back of the RSVP for identification purposes in case guests do not write their names on the RSVP.
- RSVPs– record all acceptances and regrets and compile into an attendees file.
- Seating Arrangements – Design a seating chart with table layout features. Seating guests is like a puzzle, and creating a table layout can be like a game with seating arrangement software. Assign attendees to tables using drag-and-drop capabilities, playing with possible seating scenarios. Customizing placecards is then a snap using the software.
- Gifts – Track engagement and wedding gifts, gift giver information, and document if and when the thank you note was sent.
- Vendors – Many business and professionals service the average wedding. It is important to keep vendor information organized to ensure that wedding specifics are handled smoothly and professionally. Store contracts with the photographer, caterer and facilities, track floral orders, bridal salon information, sign for and receive deliveries, etc.
Taking advantage of the powerful planning tools available through wedding organizing software may not prevent Arlene and Olga from rehashing the infamous Thanksgiving incident of 1982, but it does put you on top of the many tasks that are sure to come your way when arranging your special day.
Remember, any wedding held at the Warrington Country Club includes an experienced, knowledgeable wedding coordinator who will assist you, your family and guests in having a trouble-free memorable day. Contact us for more information on a Bucks County Wedding Reception or Call us at (215) 343-1630.