By nature, fall was custom-made for getting’ hitched.
The brilliant colors that accentuate this special time of year– nestled between the end of the sweltering summer heat and the starkness of the winter frost are ready-made for a celebration. The rich vibrancy of fall hues of yellow, orange, burgundy and gold is a perfect launching point to create a magnificent indoor or outdoor Bucks County wedding.
As beautiful as fall is with the splendor of nature, there are certainly many challenges that must be considered when planning autumnal nuptials.
1. Variable fall weather:
- Autumn weather can be unpredictable. A warm and sunny afternoon and quickly turn down-right cold the moment the sun goes down. Prepare your bridal party for both extremes by choosing a layered ensemble. Be sure bare shoulders by the light of day can be quickly, and stylishly, covered when evening arrives. Remind your quests, via a wedding website or other forms of communication, to also be prepared for a changeable thermostat. If hosting an outdoor event, provide heating lamps or a fire pit to warm guests unaccustomed to those first blasts of chilly fall air.
- Using seasonal flowers is an elegant strategy for keeping costs down, however, be ready should an early cold-snap send your snap-dragons out-of-season in an instant. Consider switching to hardier fall favorites such as Dahlias or chrysanthemums. Take advantage of the many beautiful fall fruits and vegetables, like crabapples and ornamental cabbage, to spice up the bouquet and venue.
2. Fall is a busy time of year.
- Back to school, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving and several Jewish holidays can wreak havoc on a schedule. A little research and a save-the-date announcement delivered far in advance will go a long way in accommodating as many guests as possible.
3. As picturesque as fall foliage is, ragweed can steal the show.
- Even if you or the members of your wedding party have never experienced the sneezing and watery-eyes associated with allergies, on your wedding day it is best to make like a boy scout and be prepared. This means having non-drowsy, over-the-counter antihistamine, tissues and eye drops on hand should an allergy attack arise.
4. You might want to take a pass on your mother’s pure white dress.
- A bright white dress can clash among the deep, rich colors of fall. Consider an off-white variation to take full advantage of the season. Of course the day won’t be ruined nor your vows nullified should you choose to wear bright white. Just realize that it is these kinds of details that make the aesthetics of your day go from just “lovely” to a resounding “WOW!”
Contact the Warrington Country Club today to schedule an appointment to discuss your vision of the perfect Autumn Bucks County Wedding. They will provide solutions to any questions you have about making your special day the Autumn Event of the Year!!!