An outdoor summer wedding in Bucks County can evoke many romantic images. Bright and cheerful flowers arranged simply in vases filled with lemons and clementines, a bountiful menu overflowing with refreshing fruit and fresh vegetables, easy-breezy gentlemen sporting linen suits and perfectly manicured ladies in hot-pink sundresses topped off by wide-brimmed straw hats enjoying a cool cocktail. Sleeveless bridesmaids going barefoot and the stunning bride, wearing an elegant high-low dress (long and dramatic in the back, short and cool in the front), taking her vows as the orange sun sets behind her.
Or it can be a hot, sticky event from you-know-where.
Summer is a popular time for weddings, with approximately 37% of all weddings in the US taking place in the months of June, July and August. And, as the aforementioned summer dream wedding illustrates, summer can be a delightful time to host this most precious event. A summer wedding is not without its perils however and must be planned with the utmost care, and with the assistance of a professional, experienced with the special needs of a summer event. The staff at the Warrington Country Club are such professionals. They are knowledgeable about the planning and execution of the perfect outdoor summer wedding.
Here are a few tips to consider for a flawless outdoor summer wedding:
- Make a point to inform guests that lighter clothing is acceptable attire.
- Sunscreen is important every day, but on such a monumental day as your wedding, you will want to take extra precautions. You and your wedding party should experiment with different brands of sunscreen well in advance in order to find the correct brand that is non-greasy (to protect clothes as well as skin), non allergenic, does not have a strong aroma that could compete with the flowers (and other bridal party members) and sufficiently protects exposed skin over many hours.
- It goes without saying that summer is the busiest vacation time of the year. Save-the-date cards are vital when planning a summer wedding. Send out these announcements at least six month (preferably a year) in advance.
- Be mindful of the effects of heat and humidity on hair. Relax and let hair be hair!! Encourage your bridal party to plan a hairstyle that compliments their hair’s natural inclinations. Wavy hair will be even wavier and straight hair will want to fall flat in the heat and humidity. Advise anyone who cannot bear the thought of letting their hair be hair to consider an updo. A professional hair stylist and craft a style that is virtually impervious to any weather!
- Summer weather notoriously goes from sunny to stormy and back to sunny again in a matter of hours (sometimes minutes). Make sure there is adequate cover/protection should a summer storm suddenly blow in. Have decorative umbrellas available for guests should conditions unexpectedly turn soggy.
- Most importantly: remember that if it does rain on your big day—your marriage will be blessed with good fortune for a lifetime!
Contact us for more information on your Wedding in the Award Winning Gardens of the Warrington Country Club, or call 215-343-1630.