The Green movement is everywhere—in our homes, cars, supermarkets, etc. Making the decision to “live green” and choose sustainable options is important for the survival of our planet and does not necessarily need to be abandoned on the most important occasion of your life – your wedding day!!
The Warrington Country Club, the premier Montgomery County Wedding Venue, is the perfect choice for brides hoping to make her special day “eco-chic”. A little planning can go a long way in making an indoor or outdoor wedding as gorgeous as a conventional ceremony, saving money and the planet at the same time!
Ways to incorporate earth-friendly elements into a wedding:
- Jewelry – Consider using recycled stones and metals to craft your own original, environmentally responsible pieces. Vintage, heirloom and antique pieces are a perfect solution to brides and grooms who may not have the confidence (or inclination) to create their own pieces.
- Attire – More and more designers are catering to environmentally conscience brides who shun single-use, bleached wedding gowns by offering eco-couture gowns made from sustainable materials. Trends towards timeless and romantic wedding themes factor perfectly in a bride’s choice of vintage gowns for herself and her bridal party.
- Invitations – Paper used throughout the wedding cycle, such as save-the-date cards, invitations, RSVP cards, menus, sitting cards, thank-you notes, etc., creates tons of waste and requires harsh chemicals such as bleach in the manufacturing process. Many eco-conscience couples are establishing a wedding website to communicate digitally with their guests.
- Décor – Simply reusing floral arrangements from the wedding at the reception will greatly reduce the number of flowers needed to make the big day looking and smelling beautiful. Choosing seasonal items such as sea shells, nuts, pine cones, etc., can add personality to a table and be extremely cost effective.
- Favors – Instead of giving trinkets and chukkas that are often unwanted and quickly forgotten, choose options that reflect your eco-sensibilities such as edibles, small potted plants or soy candles.
Warrington Country Club’s affordable Deluxe Wedding Package allows you to personalize your event and still be within your budget. Contact us for more information or we schedule appointments 7 days a week so call 215-343-1630.