Vintage wedding themes are trending for 2012. The 1920 decade has inspired our modern bride. Because the 1920′s were a prosperous era, social customs became more relaxed. Clothing styles reached a new revolution in fashion. The flapper dress and extravagant hats and headpieces make a beautiful and fun wedding idea.
- For an outdoor wedding, consider using vintage 1920′s sun umbrellas (or parasols) for you and your bridesmaids
- A sequined flapper dress in different colors for each one of your bridesmaids adds a chic modern edge
- For headpieces use items such as large feathers, pearls, and birdcage veils
- Use 1920′s inspired wedding invitations to set the tone for the entire wedding
Outdoor Weddings instead of destination weddings and wedding ceremony & reception at the same site are current trends due to today’s economic concerns. Many couples are choosing smaller weddings and spending their money more wisely.
TheWeddingReport.com predicts destination weddings will decline or remain flat in 2012 as couples are sticking close to home for their wedding day. Choosing outdoor weddings or all-inclusive locations to simplify and save money.
Other trends include:
- Keeping the guest list numbers under 150
- Choosing dates in other months than the traditional June Wedding – September, August and October are on the rise
- Doing it yourself flowers, invitations and websites
- Planning, shopping and registering online
- Choosing to have the wedding ceremony and reception at the same site