When the 2008 recession was at its height, many companies scaled back, or out right cancelled, the corporate holiday party. In the years since, the office Christmas party has slowly made a come back, seemingly returning to pre-2008 levels last year. According to a poll by the Society for Human Resource Management, 72 percent of respondents attended a company celebration, up from 68 percent in 2011 and 61 percent in 2010 and 2009.
The signs are clear − corporate America is ready to celebrate again.
If you are planning a corporate holiday event, there are a number of ways that you can make it memorable, including decorations, menu selections, entertainment, all which emanate from a theme.
Themed Christmas parties are a great way to get everyone into the holiday spirit and make fun memories together. This bonding opportunity (besides being fun) is a great way to build corporate identity and camaraderie between employees – potentially leading to greater corporate profits!
Corporate Holiday Party Themes Ideas
- Choose a favorite holiday movie and revolve the theme around the characters, setting, and plot. A few movies to pick from are A Christmas Story, Bad Santa, Elf, A Christmas Carol, It’s a Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th Street.
- Decorate the party space like a tropical destination, with palm trees and other tropical island-inspired decorations. Hire luau dancers, and set up a barbeque station. Hand out leis, grass skirts, and tropical flowers for the partygoer’s hair.
- Make the Christmas party a black tie affair and give everyone an opportunity to dress in gowns and tuxes.
- For party planners who are an even more ambitious, extend the haute theme further and make the affair Mad Men chic.
- Throw a costume party! Have attendees dress up in 70’s or 80’s clothes, as their favorite movie character, or make it a masquerade ball.
- Give employees the chance to be kids again and transform the party space into a carnival. Rent booths, entertainment, games, and workers to run the entire event. Serve fun food like cotton candy, popcorn, hot dogs, and soda fountain drinks.
Experience The Warrington Country Club
Event designers at The Warrington Country Club will personally guide you through every step to ensure you a perfect and memorable corporate event. The Warrington offers Sit-Down, Station, and Buffet Menus for holiday engagements, and can help you plan a memorable corporate holiday party.
The Warrington Country Club provides every detail that will make your company celebration or meeting a successful and memorable event. Technical options include:
- Free Wireless Internet
- Projector, Projector Screen, Remote, Podium, Speakers
- Wireless Microphone, Laptop, iPod, All Audio/Visual Needs
- All Connections for PC or MAC
- Technical Expert to ensure a perfectly executed event!
Contact one of our sales managers at 215-343-1630 or email us about hosting a corporate holiday event that will long be remembered.